My Forex Blog

Hi, my name is Karin and I have been investing in HYIP and autosurfs for 4 years. Seen my share of scams and folded programs, that is for sure. So for the past two years I have been learning to trade forex, and this year I have finally become successful. I hope you can learn too. That way, you dont have to hand your money over to some "admin" and hope that you get it back with some profit.

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Regarding paying taxes in the United States

I speak only for my country and not any other.

But if you live in the US and think that somehow, some way, you will be able to avoid paying your taxes, please, please, PLEASE, reconsider!!!!!!!!!

There are many many websites and articles that exist, that claim that you dont have to pay taxes because the IRS is a fraud or you are not really a citizen of the United States or whatever. ALL OF THESE EXCUSES HAVE FAILED IN COURT.

I've seen the conspiracy theories, that the "rich" are trying to keep us all poor and stupid, that the Federal Reserve Bank is a privately owned corporation run by the richest families in the world, etc. I dont believe them either.

There are also many sites which will offer to set you up an offshore corporation/pure trust/corporation sole/other assorted tax-avoidance entities. THESE ALSO WILL NOT WORK. I dont care what the promoter says. If you get caught, you will be in trouble.

Check out the complicated shelters offered by places such as KPMG (and they offer these to multi-millionaires and billionaires, not ppl like you and me) that got disallowed by the IRS for being fraudulent.

Debit cards? Dont count on it. Anything that is associated with either Mastercard or Visa, will likely be subject to IRS investigation if they choose. Trust me, the IRS knows about these things: How Does the Taxpayer Access the Funds in Offshore Accounts? - Abusive Tax Schemes

More information from the IRS website:

IRS Wants You to Know About Schemes, Scams and Cons "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" Seek expert advice before you subscribe to any scheme that offers instant wealth or exemption from your obligation as a United States Citizen to pay taxes. Buying into a tax evasion scheme can be very costly.



Now that I am doing so well in forex, I for sure will be declaring everything. Well, Oanda is a US-based company and they send 1099's so not much way I can avoid reporting, even if I wanted to.

But frankly, I dont want to. I will report and pay what is due. I dont want to risk getting into legal trouble and spend years trying to get my life straightened out. Not worth it, in my opinion.


I'm not saying that offshore entities arent good. In fact, they're great - for sheltering assets from creditors. But they are NOT good for sheltering earnings from taxes. And anyone who tells you they are, is WRONG.

Believe me, I've done a lot of reading on this. I've seen a lot of ppl making claims. I dont buy 'em.

Now, there is one legal way that I am aware of, that you can invest in SOME high-yielding programs, or forex, and not pay any taxes. And that is to do it thru a Roth IRA. Which is exactly what I intend to do, most likely in the next few months. (More info coming on this subject.)


Oh yeah and the other thing - as soon as somone starts making a bit of money in HYIP, they immediately start planning for their millions. I dont know ANYONE who has made millions in HYIP. Personally, I think it aint gonna happen. A comfortable living? Yes, definitely possible.

Ba-zillionaire??? Uh uh, dont think so.