Update on Trend Following
I have abandoned my test of FR. While the drawdown was less than in my regular account, so were the profits.... and I can live with the drawdown in my regualr account.
However, I am testing out a very simple trend-following system in two demos and will take it live in my former-FR sub-account as soon as I close the current positions (which are still at a slight drawdown of 4%).
I manually backtested it for a year and it looks EXTREMELY promising. My manual backtest skills are probably only adequate, and I tried downloading MT4 and become completely lost within minutes so no, I will not be performing a true system backtest.
BUT, it has taken its first signal and closed at +50 pips so I am pleased, to say the least.
Waiting for the next signal - patience, patience, because this system only trades about 3 times a month.... this one is going to be a good test of discipline in all respects - entries, stops, take-profits, etc.
In the meantime, i am working on my series of lessons - i could use feedback, so if you are interested, pls drop me an email.
:)
However, I am testing out a very simple trend-following system in two demos and will take it live in my former-FR sub-account as soon as I close the current positions (which are still at a slight drawdown of 4%).
I manually backtested it for a year and it looks EXTREMELY promising. My manual backtest skills are probably only adequate, and I tried downloading MT4 and become completely lost within minutes so no, I will not be performing a true system backtest.
BUT, it has taken its first signal and closed at +50 pips so I am pleased, to say the least.
Waiting for the next signal - patience, patience, because this system only trades about 3 times a month.... this one is going to be a good test of discipline in all respects - entries, stops, take-profits, etc.
In the meantime, i am working on my series of lessons - i could use feedback, so if you are interested, pls drop me an email.
:)


<< Home