Another REALLY INTERESTING newsletter site
This site is a bit confusing - I cant figure out how to actually SUBSCRIBE to it, and I think it's quite expensive even if I did know how.
But they do have a free commentary section that has some very interesting thoughts on the markets and politics.
Capuchinomics
I really liked this paragraph from their 8/7/06 commentary:
Recent US treasury statistics show that our deficits are no longer being funded by China or Russia. Small, developing nations now represent 39% of all treasury purchases. In this development, readers should see a clock ticking down to a crisis even if everyone in the Bush administration and Congress deny it. The US has worked through the first, second and third tiers of countries from whom it could borrow funds. We are now scraping the bottom of the barrel. Small, developing countries are like the tardy small investor, last to the party and subject to margin calls that lead them to sell indiscriminately.
Yikes.
But they do have a free commentary section that has some very interesting thoughts on the markets and politics.
Capuchinomics
I really liked this paragraph from their 8/7/06 commentary:
Recent US treasury statistics show that our deficits are no longer being funded by China or Russia. Small, developing nations now represent 39% of all treasury purchases. In this development, readers should see a clock ticking down to a crisis even if everyone in the Bush administration and Congress deny it. The US has worked through the first, second and third tiers of countries from whom it could borrow funds. We are now scraping the bottom of the barrel. Small, developing countries are like the tardy small investor, last to the party and subject to margin calls that lead them to sell indiscriminately.
Yikes.


<< Home