My Forex Blog

Hi, my name is Karin and I have been investing in HYIP and autosurfs for 4 years. Seen my share of scams and folded programs, that is for sure. So for the past two years I have been learning to trade forex, and this year I have finally become successful. I hope you can learn too. That way, you dont have to hand your money over to some "admin" and hope that you get it back with some profit.

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]

Monday, August 28, 2006

Danger! Danger Will Robinson!

Danger with the Japanese Yen in carry trades.... according to Chuck Butler, the President of Everbank World Markets, who puts out a daily email newsletter that I have just subscribed to:

Speaking of Asian currencies... There is a report out this morning that
the Japanese yen is being used as a component in "carry trades" again,
due to the Bank of Japan waiting so long between rate hikes... All I'll
say to that is ... Go ahead, short the yen for your carry trade...
Don't come crying to me when it gets too expensive to carry because of BOJ
rate hikes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well , I discovered THAT to my deep deep depression, last December. Lost quite a bundle in a couple of quick days.... ugh, dredging up bad memories.

And I have not touched the Yen since. Dont need it!!!! LOL

Actually the currency that is paying the highest interest rate right now is the Iceland krona (ISK) but I am still searching for a good way to track it..... other than opening an account at Everbank, which has a $10k minimum investment and therefor is still a bit rich for me... but soon, maybe.....