End of October Update & 6-Months into SOGR
Well I thought October was going to be a repeat of June and July, when my oanda account spent the whole month in a drawdown.... but the last few days were kind, and I am ending the month +7% (well, tomorrow is still another day, but I am back to a 2% drawdown...)
I *did* however, get to close the former-FR sub-account at a slight profit this morning, so it is sitting idle now, waiting for a trend trade to signal.
The trend-trade system, in the test accounts, so far has had 9 trades, with 4 wins, 4 losses and 1 BE, for a total gain of 120 pips. 44% wins, which is exactly where my back-test showed it, so it is performing exactly as expected. Three of the four losses were within a couple of pips of not being stopped-out, so i am re-evaluating if my SL is too tight. And one of the losses was because I took the signal too early in the day - if I had waited until the proper time, it would have been a win. So after just about 2 weeks, I am still greatly encouraged, and will take it live with the next signal.
Now, the *really* exciting news - it is six months since I first read The Science of Getting Rich and outlined my 3-year plan. And I am thrilled to report, not only am I six months into the plan, but I have actually been able to move my target date FORWARD by 5 months thanks to my trading results being even better than I had hoped.
So instead of being 30 months from my target date, I am only 25 months away. Two years and one month, makes it December 1, 2008.
If I can keep this up, and hit my short-term goals in the interim, then that date, December 1 2008, is the day that I can quit the 9-5 and become a full-time trader.
I *did* however, get to close the former-FR sub-account at a slight profit this morning, so it is sitting idle now, waiting for a trend trade to signal.
The trend-trade system, in the test accounts, so far has had 9 trades, with 4 wins, 4 losses and 1 BE, for a total gain of 120 pips. 44% wins, which is exactly where my back-test showed it, so it is performing exactly as expected. Three of the four losses were within a couple of pips of not being stopped-out, so i am re-evaluating if my SL is too tight. And one of the losses was because I took the signal too early in the day - if I had waited until the proper time, it would have been a win. So after just about 2 weeks, I am still greatly encouraged, and will take it live with the next signal.
Now, the *really* exciting news - it is six months since I first read The Science of Getting Rich and outlined my 3-year plan. And I am thrilled to report, not only am I six months into the plan, but I have actually been able to move my target date FORWARD by 5 months thanks to my trading results being even better than I had hoped.
So instead of being 30 months from my target date, I am only 25 months away. Two years and one month, makes it December 1, 2008.
If I can keep this up, and hit my short-term goals in the interim, then that date, December 1 2008, is the day that I can quit the 9-5 and become a full-time trader.


<< Home