Getting Ready for the Trading Day
I have an "affirmation" routine of sorts, that I generally follow on trading days.
Sometimes I do all of the steps, sometimes only some of them.
But all are designed to get me in the "trading mood", in the right frame of mind. Feeling confident and calm, and with direction and purpose.
1. While I'm driving to work, I listen to a particular song (Corinne Bailey Rae, "Put Your Records On") at least once, and usually several times.
2. Also while I am driving, I admire the sunrise, and look for rainbows. Rainbows happen more frequently than most ppl realize.
3. When I get in to work and turn on my computer, I watch and listen to the following little film:
A Knock at the Door by the Duirwaigh Gallery. This may not be your thing, it appeals to a certain kind of person (of which I am one!) I am eternally grateful to my new friend, Truc, for sharing this website with me.
4. I look over my notes from the Science of Getting Rich, and confirm that I am doing well against my plan. I also have a couple of "positive thinking" quotes that I have highlighted on my spreadsheet, and I read those as well.
5. I read The Trader's Creed by SoulTrader from the moneytec forum.
6. I review the "rules" for each of the strategies that I am trading, and then I open my demo or real trading platform to see what's happening.
All of these steps work to get me thinking seriously about the work at hand. I am confident my strategies work so I can calmly assess what happened overnight, and get ready for any trades that may be taken during the upcoming day.
Happy Trading!
:) karin
Sometimes I do all of the steps, sometimes only some of them.
But all are designed to get me in the "trading mood", in the right frame of mind. Feeling confident and calm, and with direction and purpose.
1. While I'm driving to work, I listen to a particular song (Corinne Bailey Rae, "Put Your Records On") at least once, and usually several times.
2. Also while I am driving, I admire the sunrise, and look for rainbows. Rainbows happen more frequently than most ppl realize.
3. When I get in to work and turn on my computer, I watch and listen to the following little film:
A Knock at the Door by the Duirwaigh Gallery. This may not be your thing, it appeals to a certain kind of person (of which I am one!) I am eternally grateful to my new friend, Truc, for sharing this website with me.
4. I look over my notes from the Science of Getting Rich, and confirm that I am doing well against my plan. I also have a couple of "positive thinking" quotes that I have highlighted on my spreadsheet, and I read those as well.
5. I read The Trader's Creed by SoulTrader from the moneytec forum.
6. I review the "rules" for each of the strategies that I am trading, and then I open my demo or real trading platform to see what's happening.
All of these steps work to get me thinking seriously about the work at hand. I am confident my strategies work so I can calmly assess what happened overnight, and get ready for any trades that may be taken during the upcoming day.
Happy Trading!
:) karin


<< Home