Trading for a Living....
My current plan is to begin my full-time trading career on or about Dec 1, 2008. Thats 22 months and 12 days.
Yesterday, however, I had a bit of a scare in that I learned there was a slight possiblity of my job being eliminated at some point this spring/summer.
So after I got over my initial panic attack, I started thinking more positively... would this be the kick-in-the-ass I need to get me going on my trading career a little early?
Would I be able to manage it, considering a halfway decent severance package and 6 months of unemployment payments?
I started to get kind of excited about the idea.
I'm sitting on a 12.7% profit right now for January - exactly in line with my monthly average for April-December.
I'm working on an experiment which may (or may not, LOL) reduce my average drawdown in my HPC strategy.
I'm still tracking my Daily20 and a new Weekly breakout strategy. Both look promising.
I got copies of several trading books that I have been wanting to read - Come into My Trading Room, Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom, Trading in The Zone.... and have been reading every night.
So guess what....
it looks like my job is safe.
:(
Yesterday, however, I had a bit of a scare in that I learned there was a slight possiblity of my job being eliminated at some point this spring/summer.
So after I got over my initial panic attack, I started thinking more positively... would this be the kick-in-the-ass I need to get me going on my trading career a little early?
Would I be able to manage it, considering a halfway decent severance package and 6 months of unemployment payments?
I started to get kind of excited about the idea.
I'm sitting on a 12.7% profit right now for January - exactly in line with my monthly average for April-December.
I'm working on an experiment which may (or may not, LOL) reduce my average drawdown in my HPC strategy.
I'm still tracking my Daily20 and a new Weekly breakout strategy. Both look promising.
I got copies of several trading books that I have been wanting to read - Come into My Trading Room, Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom, Trading in The Zone.... and have been reading every night.
So guess what....
it looks like my job is safe.
:(


<< Home